So you want to stay positive regardless of what happens to you?
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” ~ Walt Whitman
I’m a pretty positive person – I consider it one of the major contributors in making present version of myself.
I couldn’t have left my small town without a positive mindset, nor created SelfHelpZen, ScrumZen, PMCraft or decided to write a book. I couldn’t have lost 30 lbs in 2012, or quit my six figure corporate job to start something on my own.
Positive thinking has changed my life. Of course, positively.
But I did not have positive mindset few years back.
I was a pessimist person who was almost always living an empty and unhappy life because I was lost in million different reasonings and meanings of those reasonings.
One day, it all changed for good. I learned to be unreasonable and living in the present moment. The interesting observation about me being pessimist was this – being not so positive helped me because it created a hell-like need for me to stay positive.
So how did I changed myself?
Here’s 20 thought patterns that have helped me to stay positive and change my life for good.
- Become aware of your self-talk.
- Let go of negative thoughts.
- Perceive that positive thinking is the ONLY way to go.
- Scarcity mindset has never served anyone. Cultivate abundance mindset.
- Be grateful for what you already have.
- Know that if you have just one person in your life who loves you for who you are then you’re amongst wealthiest human beings in the world.
- Stop comparing yourself with others.
- Read world’s greatest success stories.
- See bad things as blessing in disguise.
- See failures as just a far side of success.
- Know that criticism is just a point of view. Accept it with nimbleness.
- But ignore the pessimists.
- Stay in company of possibility thinkers.
- If you can quit, quit as soon as you can.
- But If you can’t quit, don’t complain. Lead the change instead.
- Create your self-image of an extremely positive and successful person.
- Read “The Secret” Book and start believing in its principles.
- Be open to humor.
- Just smile.
- Take more chances.
Read the following Quotes and reflect on it:
“I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.” ~ Muhammad Ali Jinnah
No one can help you die:
“Feast, and your halls are crowded
Fast, and the world goes by
Succeed and give, and it helps you live
But no man can help you die”
~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox
On surprising life:
“Life is full of surprises, so you may as well get used to it.” ~ Susan Meddaugh, Cinderella’s Rat
The most unbelievable architecture is the architecture of self, that is changing constantly.
Every tiny act you engage in, consciously or subconsciously, is a possibility to make something happen. For the greater good of yourself and everyone around.
Choose to stay positive.